Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 11:58:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      User Raymond <raymond@one.com.au>
Subject:   Attempting to install 4.0-RELEASE

To:   freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org

I am trying to install 4.0-RELEASE on an AlphaStation 200 4/166
with no joy so far - could someone please offer pointers.

I have tried booting from both CD and floppy - the following is
some of the information that appears, please advise if any other
info would help.

Ray Newman

AlphaStation 200 4/166, 166MHz
CPU: EV4 (21064) major=2 minor=0
OSF PAL rev: 0x100000002012e
(probe0:ncr0:0:0:n): MSG_MESSAGE_REJECT received (35:8).
        for n = 1 to 7 a similar message occurs twice.

Finds, sa0, da0, cd0 and da1 (which is correct)

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c

Comes up with the "Probing devices" screen

then:   panic: Going nowhere without my init!