Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:46:32 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Issue with cvsup and updating RELENG_9

I've been using cvsup for upgrading all of my installations for more years
than I want to remember.  I just detected that I have a problem.
Configuration:

supfile=/usr/local/etc/cvs-supfile and contains:

*default tag=RELENG_9
*default host=cvsup15.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all
# doc-all
cvsroot-all

I run cvsup from crontab and my logfile shows:

TreeList failed: Error in
"/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/cvsroot-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_9": Bad header
line.  Delete it and try again.

I just checked the Handbook to see if the tag has changed.  No luck, so I
assume I am missing something that I shouldn't. Maybe I should change and
not use cvsup.  Any suggestions appreciated.

I also update ports using cvsup and is working fine.

Thanks,

ed