Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 95 09:13:44 -0500
From:      crtb@helix.nih.gov (Chuck Bacon)
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why does ls report wrong creation date on symlinks?

: >>I just discovered that "ls -l" reports the creation date incorrectly
: >>on symlinks.  It reports as the creation date of each symlink, the

	[...]

: the attributes of the parent directory are used instead.  See
: `man 7 symlink'.
:
: Bruce

Apologies to DG!  I waxed acerbic at what appeared to be answers to
questions I hadn't asked.  Indeed, `man 7 symlink' tells the whole
story.  Another case of RTFM :-(

Still, when information is missing, isn't it generally a Bad Thing
to invent a fictitious quantity to report?

	Chuck Bacon -- crtb@helix.nih.gov