Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:00:37 -0800
From:      John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
To:        Justin Heath <jheath@theplanet.com>, Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail question

On Saturday 27 April 2002 02:56 am, Justin Heath wrote:
> This is actually my ISP's domain who unfortunately only provides me with
> DHCP. However I should be able to resolve the rest of the problem by
> using something like dyndns.Thanks.

Dyndns rules for small networks.
But your ISP owes you a resolvable revers in any case.
Jump on them.

Lots of odd things start failing without a reverse.
Samba connections can take for ever.
Connecting to your own mail server from a windows
client can time out.

When ever you can ping by name but the docs still
refer to a "Dns Problem" without being very specific
its usually traceable to an unresolvable reverse.