Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:38:54 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joshua Sahala <joshua.ej.smith@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad 600e & pcmcia

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:13:53 -0400
> From: Joshua Sahala <joshua.ej.smith@usa.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> hello all
>
> i am having trouble mounting a pcmcia card in my 600e.  it is a sandisk
> ata card.  i am running a custom kernel, and have these pcmcia devices:
> # PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
> # Pcmcia and cardbus bridge support
> device          cbb                     # cardbus (yenta) bridge
> #device         pcic                    # ExCA ISA and PCI bridges
> device          pccard                  # PC Card (16-bit) bus
> device          cardbus                 # CardBus (32-bit) bus
>
> i also have pccard_enble="YES" in /etc/rc.conf
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD cr4sh.ftign.net 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Jun  2
> 10:38:52 EDT 2003     root@cr4sh.ftign.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CR4SH i386
>
> any tips/pointers/suggestions would be welcomed - i need to back up the
> filesystem on the pcmcia card

Could you give an idea of what the "trouble" is? dmesg if the card is
plugged in a boot time. Console messages from the insertion when
not. Errors?

Do you have any special setup in loader.conf? (You probably need at
least 'hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"' and may need
'hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"' to get the pccards to work.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)