Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:42:55 +0200
From:      Erik Udo <erik.u@dnainternet.net>
To:        "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is SoundBlaster Audigy 2 value chip=0x00081102 yet?

Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 value chip=0x00081102 sound card I would
> really like to get working in a FreeBSD 5.4 machine.
>
> The snd_emu10k1 man page description:
>
> The snd_emu10k1 bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4)
> to attach to the SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy audio cards.
>
> with snd_emu10k1.ko loaded:
>
> kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1   12 0xc0400000 3db750   kernel
>  2   14 0xc07dc000 5e1a0    acpi.ko
>  4    1 0xc2051000 1a000    linux.ko
>  5    1 0xc2328000 15000    mga.ko
>  6    1 0xc1d1c000 7000     snd_emu10k1.ko
>  7    1 0xc1d23000 1b000    sound.ko
>
> the driver doesn't seem to find my card:
>
> output of pciconf -v -l
>
> none1@pci0:8:0: class=0x040100 card=0x10011102 chip=0x00081102 rev=0x00
> hdr=0x00
>     vendor   = 'Creative Labs'
>     class    = multimedia
>     subclass = audio
>
> I found this site:
>
> http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
>
> who offers a emu10kx driver but there is a note:
>
> #  Audigy LS and Audigy 2 Value (PCI chip IDs 0x00071102 and 0x00081102)
> are not supported and added to list of known but unsupported cards.
> They WILL NOT be supported by this driver. I don't have this cards.
>
> So am I up the creek without a paddle so far as this card is concerned?
>
> BTW, the commercial OSS driver does work with this card, sure hate to go
> this route though.  Any reply is appreciated, even if it is only "a
> guess"
>
> thank you
>
> -Mike
>

> http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/

Using the driver from http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/
You can add your chip ID from unsupported to supported, and give
it a try. Still dont get your hopes up, i'd say you have 1% chance.

I had bought some latest soundblaster, i thought it had emu10k
chips, but it had audigy LS. I fixed it by getting a supported(read:
older) card.