Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:34:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        74532.1322@compuserve.com (Shawn P. Murphy)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0 Boot Problem...

> Hi,
>
> I have FreeBSD 2.1.0, and am now having some problems booting up... Here is what
> it says...

> npx0: INT 16 interface
> swapon: /dev/wd0s2b: No such file or directory
> Automatic reboot in progress...
> /dev/rwd0a: clean. 10401 free (5 frags, 2599 blocks, 0.0% fragmentation)
> /dev/wd0s2f: No such file or directory
> Can't stat /dev/wd0s2f
> Automatic file system check fialed... help!
> Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

You are at the single user shell out prompt here.

Did you do the installation yourself or how did you get the OS to the
disk?

Shell out and type /sbin/disklabel -r wd0 to see what partitions there
are.

To modify /etc/fstab you have to

mount -u /dev/wd0a /

first to make the root fs writable. Then you can edit /etc/fstab
and mount -a.