Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:04:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Arden <alex-arden@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware OpenGL

Preface: this is not for games; it is for education and computational
geometry (just thought I'd mention my purposes are other than
recreational).

Are there any OpenGL cards which FreeBSD fully supports?  Any at all?
What I mean is full hardware acceleration plus an OpenGL
implementation for the card (not Mesa).  I am willing to pay ANY price
for such a card.  I am aware there is a FreeBSD/NVidia project started
on SourceForge, but it doesn't look like they will have something
working anytime soon (I signed the petition).

Let's suppose my distaste for Linux is equal to my distaste for
non-hardware-accelerated graphics.  Stated in the positive, I *really*
like FreeBSD but also *really* want to do some computational geometry
at home.  Do I have any options?

Please CC me if you respond.

Thanks.

--Alex