Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 18:08:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        toor@dyson.iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You will need to recompile your libc and apps!!!

> > There is a serious bug in popen that has gone undetected until now.  I
> > have just committed a fix that makes the shared address space vfork
> > problem go away (which was due to the popen boo-boo.)  I will not
> > be committing the fix to vfork until people have a chance to recompile
> > their libc and re-link their apps with the corrected library.
>
> Just a heads up...
>
> To build the new libc, you will need to be running a version of 'ld'
> that understands the "-O" option.

If I get any complaints from people running -current that they cannot
build the libc, I'll put one on an anonymous ftp site for their use.
It is libc as of today.  Just let me know if you need it.  (BTW,
one shouldn't run -current without preparing to rebuild things, but
I am just trying to help if you can't.)

John