Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:27:45 -0500
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.

Pat Lynch wrote:
>         As the little throngs of young NYLUG members told me "We don;t
> care about BSD, we just want our pictures taken with *them*", which tells
> me it really didn't exactly have the desired effects. Did it attract
> people to near the booth? Yes. Did they stick around to ask questions? No.

I've gone to a number of cons for role-playing games, working for
various companies, and none of them have had "booth babes", despite the
big computer companies doing it at places like GenCon.  I particularly
liked the reason Pinnacle Entertainment Group said that they didn't hire
them...

"Do they bring more people to the booth?  Yes, but we pack it without
them.  Are people more likely to buy stuff?  No, they just get their
picture taken, block traffic, and keep our customers out.  Are people
more likely to buy if there's an attractive, approachable, and
KNOWLEDGABLE woman working the cashier?  Yes."

Of course, that's paraphrased. :-)

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - highway@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net
Engineering Department, Cornerstone Networks, Inc. - 804.817.7000