Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:54:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   3c509 testers wanted!

I've rewritten the ISA bus front end code for if_ep and would like to
solicit testers.

ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/patches/if_ep.diff

You'll have to edit sys/i386/isa/isa_compat.h and remove all the
references to epdriver and NEP.

Right now 'wired' devices aren't supported so use

device	ep0

in your config file.

I'd especially like people with 3c509Bs to put them in PnP mode and try
booting with this patch.

I'd also like someome with several adapters to stuff a box with them and
try booting.  Of interest is the case where a 3c509B in PnP mode is
installed as well as an older non-PnP 3c509.  I suspect this combination
will have 'issues' but am not sure.  Boot verbosely and mail me the
output, as well as the output of 'pnpinfo' if you're running a 3c509B.

Thanks.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |