Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:50:31 -0000
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        dwbear75@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TCP Sequence-Prediction (4.5-PRE)

Hello,

my machine at work was scanned with the ISS Scanner, Vers. 6.2.1 and it
complained about TCP Sequence Prediction:

'The TCP sequence was found to be predictable.'

I was advised to install FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE after 2000-09-28 or later
:-) as listed in FreBSD-SA-00:52.

I looked at the published Patch in FreBSD-SA-00:52 but couldn't find
the Sourcecode Sequence to be patched any more (I wasn't wondering).

But so, what shall I do, who's to blame? Is the ISS lying? Is there any
advice from the FreeBSD Security Officer or the developers how to
proceed further?

TIA - Matthias