Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:06:49 +0200
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

Hello, Dag-Erling Smorgrav!

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:00:45AM +0100, you wrote:

> > I really don't care how and how much were hurt feeling of any FreeBSD
> > developer by any offending actions of Matt, but I do care what he did
> > and (hopefully) will do for FreeBSD project. In areas were most of you
> > are not interested even if we (users) interested, Matt helped a lot.
> > I repeat: I don't care for your personal feelings, I do care for what
> > Matt really did.
>
> Oh, my.
>
> Will you take a minute to re-read and carefully think over what you
> just wrote?  I refuse to believe that you actually *meant* that.

Ok, I was a little bit rough (hasrsh?)...

I just want to say that even if Matt offended somebody, he has great
skills in hacking and we should not loose such talented people only
because of some personal abuse. There should be other ways to fix this
problem.

P.S. I'm sorry if my posting somehow offended anyone.

--
NEVE-RIPE, will build world for food
Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group