Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:50:09 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        weif@weif.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't upgrade - catch-22

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Keith Seyffarth said:
> > Do you have anything custom set in etc/make.conf?
>
> Just a couple things for Perl.
>
> > Try putting the following in etc/make.conf:
> >
> > USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE= yes
> > X11BASE= /usr/X11R6
>
> Cool. That seems to have worked. Odd that it didn't when I tried it
> previously... Oh, well, it looks like portupgrade is rebuilding
> now, so I can probably get x upgraded after that.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

You're welcome. When you update to xorg-7.3 start with both of those
commented out. That very well could break your update as xorg will
expect to install in /usr/local. Make sure you follow the directions
in UPDATING including the mergebase.sh or it's foot shooting time :-)

If you start getting the same error, change the X11BASE to /usr/local

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html