Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:34:20 -0500
From:      "Mario Antonio" <dino@webjogger.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IP Filter Issues in 4.11

Dear List,

I just upgraded a couple of my machines from 4.9 release to 4.11 release,
and now I am finding some issues with IP Filters.

this is the output of ipf -V:
ipf: IP Filter: v3.4.35 (336)
Kernel: IP Filter: v3.4.35

Some of the issues I am having are:

Before this set of rules worked fine:

head/group 10
block out log quick on fxp0 all head 10
pass out quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to any keep state group 10
pass out quick on fxp0 proto udp from any to any keep state group 10
pass out quick on fxp0 proto icmp from any to any keep state group 10

Now in order to be able to make that machine pingable I have to:
pass out quick on fxp0

--> UDP also behaves in a similar way, only TCP works fine.

I wonder if somebody has experienced something similar?

Regards

Mario Antonio

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]