Date:      14 Feb 2003 11:46:27 -0700
From:      Shane Hickey <shane@howsyournetwork.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   troubleshooting CVSUP failures

Howdy all,
	My ISP just put in a packetshaper and I am now having problems getting
CVSUP to work.  I suppose it could be unrelated, but I wanted to see if
anyone could suggest good troubleshooting steps.  I've tried several
cvsup servers (cvsup, cvsup2, cvsup7, cvsup8) and they all either fail
immediately, or shortly thereafter with one of the following errors.

TreeList failed: Network write failure: ChannelMux.ProtocolError

Detailer failed: Network read failure: Input/output error: zlib data
error
Will retry at 11:40:22

If anyone can give me some ideas to help figure out where the fault
lies, that would be great.

Shane