Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 07:47:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VPNs and FreeBSD

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Nick Rogness wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone done this yet? I've just acquired this shiny new cable modem and
> > > would like to have secure access to my place of work (even though they're only
> > > 10 minutes walk away!)
> >
> > 	I have done just that with nos-tun and Road Runner service.  I
>
> That's a Virtual Public Network, then..better not log into your work
> machines via telnet over that link :-)

	No, I don't.  SSH or die ;-)  Yes, that is my definition a VPN
	tunnel.  Encryption should be added after the tunnel's are built,
	IMHO, and are a added functionality of your existing VPN.

	That's just my opinion...however, Cisco implements it the same
	way.

Nick Rogness
- Speak softly and carry a Gigabit switch.