Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:42:16 -0300
From:      Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com>
To:        Romina Batistini <ro.kpa92@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Unable shutdown (newbee)

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Romina Batistini <ro.kpa92@gmail.com> wrote=
:

> Hello Segio (portuges para baixo para voc=EA) and Nik. First of all thank=
> for
> replying.
> (Sorry about the delay, newly released from school)
> I hope that my Portuguese is good, I'm not good at writing but regularly =
> discuss jeje
> Look, I:have
>
> Core2Duo E8400 (3Ghz)
> 4Gb DDR2 (soon 8gb)
> Abit Mother ix38quad GT (I love, it's great!)
> Westdigital Sata II 350GB (primary)
> 1Tb Sata II Westdigital (segundario. This if or if I prefer this format
> because I have things NFTS very important, this almost full and is where =
> keep all my stuff (music, photos, videos, documents)
> I have a ati x1550
> I installed FreeBSD 7.2 i386 for now. Both to learn how to configure
> everything. I have it in dual boot with windows 7 beta.
>
> The idea is to leave only FreeBSD and if I need some WineHD usare windows
> or
> a virtual machine.
> He commented that s the first time I leave the operating system of Window=
> family (Starting with Windows 95 to date) But I want something more
> professional look and Linux for anything I Convens the nucleus. I like Un=
ix
> power and stability can offer me.
>

> As my pc is not really to play is to work and perhaps listening to music =
or
> watch some movies.
> (more later if you encourage me explaining how I make my FreeBSD from XFC=
E4
> graphical environment can read the NTFS disk 2 times I'd be grateful)
>
> The issue that I can not put "shutdown-p now" as Nik says it's because
> Entrocomo normal user, I noticed that I take my root account to logearme =
..
> nose will know why, but "re.carga" the graphics again and again the login
> system.
>
> I leave this copy also in English in case someone (I think many) do not
> know
> Portuguese.
>
> PS: I did not understand was that "=3D=3D=3D=3D> com or command uname-a e=
le te diz"

> ---------------------------------
>

> Ol=E1 Segi e Nik. Antes de mais nada obrigado por responder.
> (Desculpe a demora, rec=E9m-lan=E7ado da escola)
> Espero que o meu Portugu=EAs =E9 bom, eu n=E3o sou bom em escrever, mas
> regularmente para discutir jeje
> Olha, eu:
>
> Core2Duo E8400 (3GHz)
> 4Gb DDR2 (logo 8GB)
> M=E3e Abit ix38quad GT (I love, it's great!)
> Westdigital Sata II 350GB (prim=E1ria)
> 1TB SATA II Westdigital (segundario. Isto se ou se eu prefiro esse format=
> porque tenho coisas muito importantes NFTS, esta quase cheio e =E9 onde e=
> mantenho todas as minhas coisas (m=FAsica, fotos, v=EDdeos, documentos)
> Tenho uma ATI X1550
> Eu instalei o FreeBSD 7.2 i386 para agora. Tanto para aprender como
> configurar tudo isso. Tenho-o em dual boot com o Windows 7 beta.
> A id=E9ia =E9 deixar apenas FreeBSD e se eu precisar de algumas janelas W=
ineHD
> usare ou uma m=E1quina virtual.
> Ele comentou que =E9 a primeira vez que eu deixar o sistema operacional d=
> fam=EDlia Windows (come=E7ando com Windows 95 at=E9 hoje) Mas eu quero al=
go mais
> profissional olhar e Linux para qualquer coisa que eu Ledecq do n=FAcleo.=
 Eu
> gosto Unix poder e estabilidade pode me oferecer.
>

> Como meu pc n=E3o =E9 realmente para jogar =E9 para trabalhar e, talvez, =
ouvir
> m=FAsica ou assistir alguns filmes.
> (mais tarde, se voc=EA me incentivar explicando como eu fa=E7o o meu Free=
BSD
> XFCE4 do ambiente gr=E1fico pode ler o disco NTFS 2 vezes eu ficaria grat=
o)

> A quest=E3o que eu n=E3o posso colocar "shutdown-p now" como Nik diz que =
=E9
> porque Entrocomo usu=E1rio normal, notei que eu levo a minha conta de roo=
> para logearme .. nariz vai saber o porqu=EA, mas re.carga "os gr=E1ficos =
uma e
> outra vez o sistema de login.
>
> Deixo esta c=F3pia tamb=E9m em Ingl=EAs no caso de algu=E9m (acho que mui=
tos) n=E3o
> sabem Portugu=EAs.
>
> PS: eu n=E3o entendi foi que "=3D=3D=3D=3D> com ou comando uname-a ele di=
z "te

Hi there Romina: Just in case you don't know, you can open up a thread on
penguinpower.com.ar and I'll be there to help you (there's a FreeBSD topic
in there and I, along with ezeaguerre, are the admins.). It would be nice i=
you could join us as we (eze and me) have been working on it for more than =
year now trying to create a place for FreeBSD users in Argentina to share
experiences, tips, get toghether and so on, and you know, the more the
merrier =3DD.

Just in case, I triple boot in both my desktop (WinXP, Mandriva,
FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE) and my notebook (Dell 1318, Windows Vista, Mandriva
2009 Spring, FreeBSD 8.0-BETA3 ... and BETA-4 in a few hours ... in the hop=
to see the bge problems I filed as PR's fixed so I can get it to resume
properly =3DD)

Hope to see you over there soon ;)