Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:31:12 -0500
From:      Naram Qashat <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports modifying system setups

Also a good thing to point out is that portupgrade can be configured to
automatically start or stop a port's daemon via it's /usr/local/etc/rc.d script,
which still relies on having the appropriate line in /etc/rc.conf to tell the
rc.d script to run, but it is helpful for upgrading ports which have daemons so
they can be shut down and then started again after the upgrade is complete.

Naram Qashat