Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:56:41 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@ctseuro.com>
Subject:   Re: AW: Slow Network with rl0 and 5.3

--nextPart1763520.GlGgImajuZ

Karl,

On Monday 31 January 2005 18:28, Karl M. Joch wrote:
> your patch works like a charme. One of my guys tested it on 2 boxes and it

I was afraid it would :-\

> works now like it worked before. Speed is great again and we think about
> installing it on 2 production boxes where customers really have problems.
> Is it save to patch production boxes with it?

Well, the fact that this patch makes the symptom go away indicates that the=
re=20
is some more fundamental problem hiding somewhere in the driver/hardware th=
at=20
should get fixed all the way.  It is, however, a valid workaround until the=
=20
real problem is identified.

Can you please submit a PR with the information in this thread?  I will loo=
k=20
into the driver some more and commit the workaround if I fail to find the=20
real cause soon.

EVERYBODY: Could you please check if you have a rl(4) driven NIC and check =
if=20
you experienced a speed degradation as well.  Please let me know either way=
=20
with information about the chipset on your NIC.  Thanks!