Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:10:09 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: csh is root's shell?

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:44:52AM -0700, Don Lewis wrote:
> This is what I use:
>
>         set prompt = '%m:%c4 %h%#'
>         if ($?TERM && $TERM == xterm) then
>                 set prompt='%{\033]0;%n@%m:%c5\007%}%m:%c %h%#'
>         endif
>
> It adds the last few components of $cwd and the history event number to
> the prompt.  When running in an xterm, it puts the username, hostname,
> and the last part of $cwd in the xterm title.

I use pretty much the same code for setting xterm's titlebar.  However,
there is one known problem with it: when you leave (^D) your shell,
being ssh'ed to another machine, titlebar still has that remote host
name.  If there was a way to retrieve current title string, sigh.
Unless, of course, I'm missing something here.

./danfe