Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 16:54:06 +0400
From:      "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        chinsan <chinsan.tw@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com, Thierry Thomas <thierry@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firefox localization packs

On 5/30/06, chinsan <chinsan.tw@gmail.com> wrote:
> I has been tested and think this port has all the functionality of my ports
> (chinese/firefox-zh_CN, chinese/firefox-zh_TW, korean/firefox-ko)

Great, thanks! Can they be removed?

> But I suggest to add "zh_TW" into the default value of "FIREFOX_I18N"
> FIREFOX_I18N?=  zh-CN zh-TW de fr ja ru it es-ES
>  or make this as a visual dialog(OPTIONS).
> Thought it can tuned  by setting FIREFOX_I18N in  /etc/make.conf.
> Because I think it will make end-user more clear to choose which
> language they wants by OPTIONS.

I tried to select only the most popular locales in the default
set. I don't know if it's worth it to include other locales, since
it makes you download more by default. As for options - I
didn't want to encumber the port, at least until the options
are separated from bsd.port.pre.mk.

Thanks!