Date:      Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:42:48 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dudu@dudu.ro
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FIB separation

----Security_Multipart(Sun_Jul_17_00_42_48_2011_981)--

Vlad Galu <dudu@dudu.ro> wrote
  in <A718ADB2-EC52-462C-A114-85053F1B2E55@dudu.ro>:

du> Hello,
du>
du> A couple of years ago, Stef Walter proposed a patch[1] that enforced
du> the scope of routing messages. The general consesus was that the best
du> approach would be the OpenBSD way - transporting the FIB number in the
du> message and letting the user applications filter out unwanted
du> messages.
du>
du> Are there any plans to tackle this before 9.0?

 I am looking into this and investigating other possible extensions in
 rtsock messages such as addition of a fib member to rt_msghdr.  I am
 not sure it can be done before 9.0, though...

-- Hiroki