Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:38:42 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vn/md/mfs and 5.0-release

If mfs is going the way of the dodo, I'd like to know how much work is
going to be required to track stable across (say) the 5.0-release point.

For instance, with a couple of lines in /etc/fstab

/dev/ad0s4b   none    swap    sw         0  0
/dev/ad0s4b   /tmp    mfs  rw,nosuid,nodev,nosymfollow  0 0

I get a temporary swap-backed /tmp FS* recreated on boot.

What is the new route to duplicate this kind of behaviour with
md/vn-backed file systems? Is a line in fstab ever likely to suffice or
am I going to have to write a small script to build the FS on boot?

Cheers,

jan

* at least, it's always been my understanding that that's what this
gives me.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
YKYBPTMRogueW... you try to move diagonally in vi.