Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:05:29 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it>
To:        spe@phear.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with latest freevrrpd.

Hello.

I have two FreeBSD 4.11 boxes which have been using freevrrpd for a long
time. Today I upgraded from 0.8.7 to 0.9.3 and since then I started
having some problems.

Specifically I started to see this messages on both boxes:

freevrrpd[822]: ip ttl of vrrp packet isn't set to 255. Packet is discar
ded !

Strangest thing is that this boxes are both dual-homed, and one side
(fxp1 below) was working correctly, the other not (fxp0 below), meaning
that both boxed grabbed all configured address (yes, both master and
backup).

I googled around and found out that someone was having the same problem,
but no solution was provided. Since I was in a hurry, I grabbed the
sources, commented this test out in vrrp_misc_check_vrrp_packet, and
recompiled. Since then everything seems to work correctly, but I didn't
have the chance to test failover yet (!!!).

Comments and/or suggestions?

Furthermore, I'm frequently seeing the following messages:

freevrrpd[2188]: all errors are cleared on interface fxp1
freevrrpd[2188]: all errors are cleared on interface fxp0

Is this normal? Or something worth looking at?

Here is my conf:

[VRID]
serverid = 1
interface = fxp1
priority = 255
addr = 192.168.0.4/32
password = xxxxx
[VRID]
serverid = 2
interface = fxp1
priority = 254
addr = 192.168.0.5/32
password = xxxxx
vridsdep=4
[VRID]
serverid=3
interface=fxp0
priority=255
addr=192.168.101.5/32
password=xxxxx
[VRID]
serverid=4
interface=fxp0
priority=254
addr=192.168.101.6/32
password=xxxxx
vridsdep=1

The one on the other box is just specular, only one interface is fxp0,
the other xl0.

P.S. Please remove .diesmapper to reply. Sorry I have to do this :(