Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:19:15 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
To:        pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: When will binary packages be back?

Unfortunately, I've never experimented with pkgng, so will have to
come up to speed on
this. Might be a temporary workaround.

In the meantime, I'm trying to install Apache 2.2 on a small
server. So far, just to
build the port, the machine has built Perl, Python, m4, Berkeley
DB, and an incredible
assortment of other stuff that I do not want or need on that
machine! And because
the "make distclean" command in the FreeBSD ports system does not
remove code for
dependencies, I'll have tons of source -- including GPLed code,
which I do not want
to touch -- on the machine unless I do a painstaking manual search
and removal. Aaargh!

--Brett Glass