Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:30:35 -0400
From:      "Isaac Waldron" <waldroni@lr.net>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Best way to lock malloc'd memory in kernel

> > I'm writing a device driver for plex86 (the FreeMWare virtual machine
> > software), and have a buffer that needs to be non-pageable.  It was
malloc'd
> > with the malloc(size, type, flags) kernel malloc function.  What's the
best
> > way to make this memory unpageable?
>
> No kernel memory is pageable so it doesn't matter :)

Thanks!  I didn't realize that, I suppose I should have RTFM'ed a bit more
before asking, but I just kind of assumed (we all know what that does) that
memory malloc'd in kernel mode was pageable.  I guess I should ask whether
that holds true for kernel modules as well, because that's what I'm actually
writing.

Thanks again,
Isaac Waldron
waldroni at lr dot net