Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 18:25:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      rmallory@wiley.csusb.edu (Rob Mallory)
To:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: TRUE and FALSE

...many interesting things have been said, many more things ought to
be thought about before taking a big step like this.

stardate:1996.2.28
FreeBSD Release Version: 2.4 (isn't this where Solaris collapsed their tree?)
Platforms Supported: Sparc, Alpha, PowerPC, x86 (including VLIW 786)

question:  When I put the cdrom in to install, what the hell am I going to
         do with all this VME-bus crap in my /sys tree? I dont think I will
         ever be compiling something with VLIW's on my 386!

Point being, yes, FreeBSD just might have 5 or 6 Arch-specific param.h files
sometime in the future.

What about the people who want only an arch-specific /sys tree?
What if I want the whole enchilada so I can compile a new kernel for
my lonely 486 on my 250Mhz Alpha?

___
Rob Mallory  [rmallory@csusb.edu]