Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:02:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rrs@lakerest.net
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD - part 2

In message: <98F8CB29-62FE-41A6-8AE6-6F8AF086D29C@lakerest.net>
            Randall Stewart <rrs@lakerest.net> writes:
: JC:
:
: I don't think renaming the PTE entries to PG_ is a good idea.
:
: Way back in 2007 this was one of the issues I hit.. the J code
: used PG_ and somewhere in the VM we used PG_ to indicate (Page).
:
: Thus we ended up with a PG_G defined in two places and we were setting
: PG_G and it was Not the PTE PG_G.. but the one defined in the VM.

This was a big frustration at the time...  I'd somehow blocked it from
my memory when Juli and I talked about this a while ago...

: The folks in the VM world suggested we change this to PTE_xxx which I
: did.

Alan Cox, if memory serves.

Warner

: R