Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:34:29 +0200
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@www.svzserv.kemerovo.su>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
Subject:   Re: (feature change request) remove link-layer generated routes from netstat -r

On Friday 24 February 2006 15:08, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:56:46AM +0200, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> > > Just use:
> > >
> > > netstat -rn | awk '$3 !~ /L/ { print }'
> >
> > That's exactly the point Eugene, I don't want to find ways to filter it
> > out. It happens frequently. I didn't say it's difficult to remove it, I
> > just don't want it there all the time. That's why you can use -a to get
> > the old behavior.
>
> Just make ~/bin/netstat that will filter for you most of the time.

That's not the point, I am using FreeBSD 'cause I like it. And I like it as
it is. And it's very good as it is. If I had to patch it in a hundred places,
I wouldn't like it that much...

FreeBSD grows the way its users want. At least this what I think. That,
I think is the big difference from Linux

Giorgos gave a solution, a new switch that will do just that.