Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:50:12 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What Linux^W distribution would you most like to see supported on a ThinkPad?

> Lenovo is asking this at <http://lenovoblogs.com/insidethebox/?p=3D98>;
> and, yes!, FreeBSD is a proposed choice.
>
> ATM, the first choice is "Anyone that refuses to carry binary-only
> drivers, so that all others will also benefit, as it will require
> documented hardware", which is also a very good choice.

I of course like source too,
but this rather destroys the force of that argument:
	On FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE:
	man nve
	then go use find on /usr/src. it's a BLOB < Linux & MS compat
PS there's source coming in from elsewhere now for
	man nfe
in 7-current & patches for stable & 6.2

though again, yes we all prefer source avail. too :-)

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.