Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:41:10 +0100
From:      Erwan Arzur <erwan@free.fr>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        Craig R <craigery13@hotmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.0 outlawed?

Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:29:01PM -0800, Craig R wrote:
>
>>According to the FreeBSD web site, FreeBSD 1.X was based on 4.3BSD-Lite
>>(``Net/2''), which suffered some legal troubles. Does this mean that any
>>copy of FreeBSD 1.X lying around is illegal? I'm asking because I'd like to
>>find a copy somewhere to install it and see what it was like.

I've got the CD here, and if anybody's interested and can provide the
space and bandwidth close enough to me, i can upload an ISO image of it ...

What is amazing, is that more than 8 years after this release, most of
the people listed in the credits are still around and working on this
amazing OS we're using :-) Thank you ! thank you ! thank you !