Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:17:12 +0200
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A suggestion for ports that replace parts of the base

--SJz2(1+iQ:8az=.I

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:43:34 -0700 (PDT) Doug Barton wrote:

> 	I'm very interested in the idea of ports that replace parts of the
> base system. I think that something like PORT_REPLACES_BASE_FOO might
> be more useful. This could be put in /etc/make.conf without fear that
> the user would forget what it means some point down the road. It's a
> little wordy, but I think it's quite clear.

that's a good idea. this should be incorporated into /usr/src/Makefile
(or whatever) so that the base system tools that are overwritten by a
port are never installed (or even built?).

as it seems this PORT_REPLACES_BASE_FOO needs so set a NO_FOO somewhere.

cheerz
  simon

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate