Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 10:14:27 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        "Stephane R.D.Zanoni" <Stephane@omni-ts.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error compiling my kernel.

On Monday 27 May 2002 9:11 am, Stephane R.D.Zanoni wrote:
> Here's a quick cap. of what i've done.  I installed FreeBSD 4.5, recomp=
iled
> it for multiprocessor support and everything worked fine.  I then ran
> cvsup, and then ran buildworld to resync config and stuff.  When i try =
> compile now i get this error.  I don't know why it's breaking on the fl=
oppy
> disk line.
>
> This is a Compaq 5500 Rackmount Server.  Anyhelp would be apreciated.

> fractal# make buildkernel KERNCONF=3Dfractal

try adding=20

device miibus

I would also probably pick the right cpu....686 most likely and if
you are going to have a few network connections you might want to increas=
e=20
maxusers. I also tend to remove things I dont need on  a server..... like=
=20
pccard support / parallel ports / slip and ppp maybe.....