Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 23:16:06 +0000
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade to XFree86-3.3: System hangs

Hello,

I've just upgraded to XFree86-3.3 and have a problem here:
X freezes the whole system so that I have to turn off computer.
It happens no matter which XF86Config I'm using (my old,
generated by XF86Setup or by xf86config). I tried to catch
X's output in a file but this attempt ends up in an empty file.
This has never happened before (with 3.1.2 and 3.2). What can
be wrong and how can I fix it?
System: Pentium 100, m/b with i430VX chipset, 32 Mb RAM,
videocard Cirrus Logic GD5430 with 1 Mb video RAM;
FreeBSD-2.2.2-RELEASE with recompiled libc (using malloc.c
from FreeBSD-current).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vladimir.