Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:32:30 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: first CD burner fails while starting second (cdrecord)

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:55:10PM +0200, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:23:21AM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> >
> > SCSI bus's are prioritized by id, with 6 having a higher priority than
> > 4. It might be interesting to try swapping the ids on the two devices,
> > and see if the problems follows the id, indicating it's a controller
> > or bus problem, or the burner, indicating it's a problem with that
> > burner. It may even go away, if the HP can deal with being at a lower
> > priority better than the PLEXTOR, but I wouldn't expect that.
> >
> Good suggestion, I'll try that.

I swapped the SCSI id's and the problem follows the burner. Also, I
recompiled the newest cdrecord from ports (now cdrtools) but that didn't
help. Finally I checked the firmware version for the Plextor (problem) drive
and it turned out I had already the newest version available.

So, I guess there's no other solution then adding another SCSI controller
if I want to have troublefree operation with those two burners :-(.

Karel.