Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        wheelman@nuc.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions about Port fixes

 *     While updating PERL as well as the modules I use with PERL, I realized
 * that a few of the ports are broken (won't install at all), have invalid
 * PLIST's, old version or something else that isn't allowing the port to
 * install correctly (or deinstall correctly) ...  I have make fixes to the
 * following to bring them up to date:
 *
 *     p5-SNMP
 *     p5-Mail-Tools
 *     p5-MIME-Base64
 *
 * I also noticed that there are a few others that, while install and
 * deinstall work correctly, rely on the PERL version being 5.005.  While this
 * is minor, I would assume using %%PERL_VER%% would be preferable in the
 * PLIST file?

Absolutely.  Those were `fixed' before we could decide what to do with
the perl version stuff.

 * I have the files ready to go if anyone's wants them.  (Obviously, I don't
 * have CVS access, nor do I feel comfortable getting into that sort of thing
 * right now <G>)

Be careful what you wish for.... :)

Satoshi