Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:06:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd.org vs vex.net

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Andrew Perry wrote:

> count me in!
>
> Andrew Perry
> andrew@shoal.net.au
>
> On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Charles Henrich wrote:
>
> > The more I think about this, the more Im starting to feel we really should have
> > a freebsd.org team.  RSA is sponsering 12 contests, that will probably go over
> > an entire year.  How many people would be willing to move to a freebsd.org
> > team?  I'm very seriously considering switching my machines over..

My only hesitation at agreeing is that that will invite comparisons
between list positions, and I think it will be a very long time before we
could match linux@linuxnet.org (currently at 67.55 Mkeys/sec).  Now, if
such a group is formed, I'll go for it, bringing 2 (soon to be 3)
PPro/166s, and a few other Pentiums in the 90-133 range (provided I can
get them through the firewall with the UDP based client).