Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:10:07 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: PCI DMA Questions]

Warner Losh wrote:
> [...]

Since I didn't see much in the way of response to your questions...

Now that my device driver for my bus-mastering PCI board is basically
working :), I can confirm that on an x86 PC, there is nothing needed
to "start" bus-mastering DMA, other than programming your bus-mastering
PCI device and telling it to "go".  So either you need to poke some
more registers on your device :), or you've got some busted hardware...

Gary