Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:36:02 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some questions

Hello!

> Could you provide a more sensible description of the problem?  For
> example:

OK.  I'm at FreeBSD console.  Loggin in OK, shell=bash.

[danfe@ws10]$ set
TERM=cons25r
[danfe@ws10]$ midc

Cool!  I'm in midmight.  Now, being in midc, I type at command line: ls -l
It does it, pauses so I can see the output, and then it brings panels on
again.  Cool so far.  Now I press Ctrl-O, and it shows me blank screen
(with cmd prompt).  I press Ctrl-O again, and the panels are back.  I
press it noce again, and I see completely black screen (no invitation this
time).

Same thing works fine on my Red Hat Linux 5.2/6.1 boxes.

> If all you ever use is Linux, then yes, it's fantastic.  However, for
> something to be useful in the UNIX world, interoperability is important.
> :-)

Well, I like to make myself comfortable.

> > Please prove me wrong, I want to love FreeBSD, not Linux.  And right
> > now that's not the case :-(
>
> If this is the kind of thing that's going to make you love or hate an
> operating system, you're in for some hard knocks. :-)

;-)))  I'm just kidding.

./danfe