Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:29:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bouncing mail from sites without a valid MX/A record

This raises an interesting question, for me anyway. Once again I've
managed to get spam on a new machine, with an e-mail address that I've
only ever used to send to the lists.

Is this hotmail mob that spam people the same lot that offer free e-mail
accounts? And is it possible that they somehow examine all the headers of
mail sent to any of their "free" users in order to increase the size of
their spam lists? Like, if I send mail to the list and one of the
recipients uses hotmail could I then manage to get myself of the spam
list?

Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au