Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 19:35:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

Tim Vanderhoek writes:
[ Good points deleted ]

> So, let us be clear here; there is nothing to be won in this
> debate.  Even should Nate or someone manage to convince someone
> that there must exist spirits and gods and demons and gargoyles,
> nothing has yet been accomplished.

Actually, my point isn't to convince that the existance of spirits as
much as to refute the (common) belief that having Faith in something
outside of one-self is somehow attributed to being stupid, childish, or
naive.  My point is that one can be *both* intelligent and scientific,
plus have faith in something beyond onself, and that having one doesn't
imply the other can not exist.

Basically, I believe that science paints one portion of the 'picture' of
life, and faith paints another (equally important) part.

Nate