Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:09:11 -0600
From:      "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr@abcjr.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   tcpd?

I have just had a friend ask me a question that I could not answer.
They are setting up a POP server on their 4.2-STABLE machine and want to wrap
port 110.  The problem is that tcpd(8) does not exist in binary format on their system.

The source sits in /usr/src/contrib/tcp_wrappers but obviously the binary does not
compiled nor does it subsequently get installed.

That is all fine and dandy but then when they go to try to build the port to install
tcpd, they get the following:

===>  tcp_wrappers-7.6 is forbidden: tcp_wrappers is in the base system.

tcpd is intended to be used with applications/code that doesn't support libwrap.a
directly.  How should one go about doing this in FreeBSD-stable?

Thanks in advance.