Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Howard <obiwan@zeppelin.net>
To:        Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
Cc:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>, Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, bde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.0-19970209-SNAP to -current

Well, here I am again! I thought I would anounce my slight progress in this odd
bug. I patched up my sio.c to more or less how it was pre-lite2, and killing
pppd no longer hangs, traps, kills whatever you wanna call it, my system. Of
course this means very little, but we'll see how long this box can stay up. I
still wonder about our original IDE thought, I guess only time will tell...

On 25-Apr-97 Burton Sampley wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Josh Howard wrote:
>
>> Not sure how happy I am to see this :-) I'm glad someone isn't having
>> problems, but it makes things more perplexing. I was just diffing some
>> ppp(d) sources, not a whole lot seems to have changed, which is sort of
>> annoying. I did about the same upgrade path as you minus the 2.2 part.
>> I'm sure my problems date back to at least the 6th..Quite interesting.
>> Your modem is internal is it not, would this possibly support the sio
>> theory(tm)? The rest of the hardware seems pretty standard..
>
>Yes, it's an internal.  I had to disable the first on-board 'com port'
>through BIOS to get FBSD to recongnize it as cuaa0.  The MB is fairly new.
>I just purchased it in March.  It has the most current BIOS offered by
>ASUS.

---
Josh Howard (obiwan@zeppelin.net)
Truthful, adj.: