Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:54:32 +0100
From:      "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AW: how to remote update 4.10 -> 5.3?

=20
i managed to update remote server by sending a prepared harddisk which =
was
mounted by a local technical staff. after the system boots you can mount =
the
old partitions and move them to the new harddisk. Then partition the old
harddisks, newfs with ufs2 and move the data back in place. This works =
very
well. after everything is done the sent harddisk can be removed and the
system work with the original hardware. Everything else then a fresh =
install
and formating with ufs2 looks like to make no sence.=20

--=20
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Karl M. Joch

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----