Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:57:46 +1100
From:      Andrew Nesbit <alnesbit@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: "MII without any phy!" error message

Thanks for the reply Dominic.

I tried adjusting settings in the BIOS but that didn't work. I then
moved the card to another PCI slot, and then it probed properly *once*.
Still didn't provide any network services, though.

I remember reading an official bug report in one of the archives during
my search for answers... so it could actually be a bug in the vr driver
but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, I picked up another card today 2nd hand really cheap (Intel
based) and so far it works like a dream.

Cheers,
Andrew