Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:10:11 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd-ports.user@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:42:06 -0500, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031@gmail.com> articulated:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@freebsd.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:20:47 -0500
> > Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  [ .. ]
> >
> >> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod
> >>         ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
> >>         ===>>> requires the userland sources to be installed. Set
> >> SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src
> >>
> >>         ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
> >>                IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
> >>
> >> ===>>> Update for sysutils/fusefs-kmod failed
> >> ===>>> Aborting update
> >
> >  [ .. ]
> >> What should I do in this case?
> >
> > First, please don't top post.
> >
> > Second, you don't seem to have the base sources installed and that
> > port, being a kernel module, needs them.
> > See:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
> >
> > --
> > IOnut - Un^d^dregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"
> >  "Intellectual Property" is   nowhere near as valuable   as
> > "Intellect" FreeBSD committer -> itetcu@FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID
> > 057E9F8B493A297B
> >

> Dear Ion-Mihai,
>
> I have installed cvsup, but I don't really understand the page that I
> was refered to
>
> ===> SECURITY REPORT:
>       This port has installed the following files which may act as
> network servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the
> system. /usr/local/sbin/cvsupd
> /usr/local/bin/cvsup
> /usr/local/bin/cvpasswd
>
>       If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a
> security risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the
> security of ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make
> deinstall' to deinstall the port if this is a concern.
>
>       For more information, and contact details about the security
>       status of this software, see the following webpage:
> http://www.cvsup.org/
> ===>  Cleaning for ezm3-1.1_2
> ===>  Cleaning for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_4
>
> I have installed it using ports system, but still get same error as
> above.  I try to use cvsup the file, I get nothing, I try to go to the
> port that refuses to update and make install clean and it says source
> not available or refused?
>
> I have used ports before and had no problems, I don't know what to do.
>
> Thank you and others who have provided help.
>
> *Sorry for top posting

Now, could you please stop cross-posting?

--
Jerry
FreeBSD-Ports.user@seibercom.net

In West Union, Ohio, No married man can go flying without his spouse
along at any time, unless he has been married for more than 12 months.