Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:37:00 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        David Naylor <blackdragon@highveldmail.co.za>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: Motherboard Selection (ASUS)

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]
Ted,
I love reading your comments as you are so knowledgeable but you should
give a brake to a poor guy. He is already traumatized
by online experience so we need to conform him.

There is nothing wrong in buying thins from online retailers as you can
usually save 30-50% in my experience but as Ted said you have to know
what are you buying.

Tad's idea of Ebay is almost perfect. You can also try to get a read of
your board on the Craigslist. My advice would be that you put the
price 10%-20% bigger of what you actually pay for for the board.

If the person knows what he is doing he would not buy from Ebay or
Craigslist anyway.
I just looked the Tuscon's Craigslist and some moron is selling a mother
board for $50 bucks. Instead of the picture of his mother board he gave
a link  to  the Geeks' web-site where the same mother board is clearly
priced $33.95. Including $8 shipping, that is still cheaper
 than $50 which his asking price (If I remember well arithmetic from the
kindergarten:-) ).

Cheers,
Predrag

P. S. Ted, I am so happy you didn't make a progress with that
anti-Serbian filter you were working on so that I can still read your
comments and learn. Kind regards from Arizona :-)