Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:47:34 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0-today kernel build fails over nvidia-driver

On 10/3/05, Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com> wrote:
> I was updating from BETA1 and have nvidia enabled in loader.conf. It used=
> be that I had to rebuild from the port after installworld, but now appare=
ntly
> the idea is that it gets pulled in during makekernel. I can't see where
> though. The problem seems to be a misquote or a shell-expansion thing.

This is coming from kern.post.mk:

> cd ${PORTSDIR:-/usr/ports}/"nvidia-driver; SYSDIR=3D
> /usr/obj/usr/src/make.i386/make -B all
> Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> *** Error code 2

It looks like you have PORTS_MODULES defined in your /etc/make.conf
file.  This causes all defined PORTS_MODULES to be updated when the
kernel is built.

The problem is a missing ending quote and the directory to where the
nvidia-driver is located in the ports tree.

You'll need to either remove PORTS_MODULES, or fix it to show the
correct location of the nvidia-driver port in /etc/make.conf.

PORTS_MODULES=3D x11/nvidia-driver

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.