Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:15:04 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   picobsd -net flavor with telnet possible?

I'm not having a good experience getting telnet to run starting with
the -net flavor.

I can get it to run (once) if I put a line in /etc/rc.local like this:
#/usr/libexec/telnetd -debug 23 &

however, I'd like for the daemon not to shut off after one use.

I also had problems getting inetd to run properly from rc.conf, so I wound
up putting:
inetd -p /etc/inetd.cnf

into my rc.local file, and adding inetd.conf to my flopy.tree.exclude file.

Now inetd appears to start, but it doesn't fire up telnet when connections
are attempted...

telnetd is listed in the crunch.cnf file, as well as -ltelnet

What have i missed?

The system I'm building on:
4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Sat Jun 29 00:37:13 EDT 2002

and the config files I pulled off another system that's not much older...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net

---